What is the SEND Local Offer?
The Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Code of Practice requires local authorities to publish and maintain a local offer (Children and Families Act 2014-Part 3, Section 30)
It has two key purposes:
- To provide clear, comprehensive, accessible and up-to-date information about the available provision and how to access it,
- To make provision more responsive to local needs and aspirations by directly involving disabled children and those with SEN and their parents, and disabled young people and those with SEN, and service providers in its development and review.
The website provides information, support and services for children and young people aged 0‑25 years, parents, young people and practitioners who are looking for SEND support. The information is held all in one place and can be searched by age and district. It covers:
- Early years and childcare
- Education Health and Care Plans
- Social care
- Travel and transport
- Places to go, things to do
- Information and support, including support groups plus much more. You will find information via…
Facebook: Staffordshire SEND Local Offer
Useful Links and Information
www.fledglings.org.uk - resources to support sensory needs including adapted cutlery, cups, oral hygiene support, larger sized popper vests and sensory resources.
Stonydelph Dental Practice Tel: 01827 897857 - Supports children with additional needs.
www.thewarrencenter.org - for children with developmental differences - help and information around feeding, self help skills and more.
www.cannocksnap.com - S.N.A.P is a Special Needs Adventure Playground. It provides a safe, secure and non-judgemental play area for children and adults with special needs.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoNoB9Lj5UE - Pirate Pete’s Potty - you tube video to support toilet training (Ladybird potty training book is also available).
Tooth Ahoy!: Pirate Pete’s Voyage to Healthy Teeth - book. www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9A25ejO_Bc
Geena the Giraffes’s Tremendous Tooth Adventure by Oral-B - www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGcUSsbPsQQ
www.staffordshire connects.info - lots of supportive information around services, places to go and support in Staffordshire.