Subject leader - Jo Ross
Curriculum Intent Statement for Maths
- Be a part of creative and engaging lessons that will give them a range of opportunities to explore mathematics following a curriculum tailored to their needs.
- Become fluent in the fundamentals of mathematics.
- Make rich connections across mathematical ideas to develop fluency, mathematical reasoning and competence in solving increasingly sophisticated problems. Children will be taught to follow a line of enquiry as part of problem-solving and develop mathematical language.
- Have an appreciation of number and number operations, which enables mental calculations and written procedures to be performed with increasing accuracy.
- Recognise that mathematics underpins much of our daily lives and therefore is of paramount importance in order that children can become as independent as possible in later life.