Subject leader - Loraine Woodhouse
At Two Rivers Primary School, we recognise the importance of providing our students:
• With a strong foundation in modern foreign languages (MFL).
• To offer a stimulating and engaging MFL curriculum that caters to the unique needs of our special need’s students.
• To foster a love of language learning in our students, equipping them with the tools to communicate effectively in a variety of languages.
• To prepare them to be confident global citizens in an increasingly interconnected world.
Our MFL curriculum at Two Rivers Primary School is designed to be inclusive and accessible for all our students.
• We use a range of teaching strategies, including visual aids, hands-on activities, and multisensory approaches, to ensure that all students can engage with the learning material at their own pace and in a concrete way.
• We also use technology and online resources to enhance our MFL provision and provide additional opportunities for students to practice and develop their language skills.
• We make use of authentic materials and cultural experiences to broaden students' understanding of different cultures and perspectives, and encourage them to make connections between languages and cultures.
Through our MFL curriculum, we aim to make a positive impact on our students' linguistic and cultural development, as well as their overall personal and social development.
• We believe that language learning promotes empathy, tolerance, and respect for diversity, and we aim to instil these values in our students.
• We measure the impact of our MFL curriculum through ongoing assessment, monitoring progress and identifying areas for improvement.
• We also encourage feedback from students, parents, and other stakeholders to ensure that our curriculum meets the needs of our students and prepares them for life beyond school.
• Our ultimate goal is for our students to become confident, competent language users and global citizens who are equipped to succeed in an increasingly interconnected and diverse world.