Subject leader - Alison Taylor
Curriculum Intent Statement for English Reading
- To develop lifelong readers that can access their local community and reach for aspirational life journey.
- For the pupils to be exposed to a range of varied texts, demonstrating understanding.
- To share books with others developing reading skills.
- To develop the skills to record personal information (name and address).
- To be able to read to their ability lead.
- To develop a love of reading.
- To engage with texts and be able to retell a range of stories.
Curriculum Intent Statement for English Writing
- By Year 6 our pupils will be able to express their thoughts and have a love for writing.
- For them to be able to edit and improve their own writing.
- To build on the skills of writing, forming letters and using grammar, punctuation and spelling.