Covid 19 Safety & Planning
Please choose from the selections to the right which information page you need.
We are now all learning to live safely with COVID-19. Following our return from the Easter break we are moving to a different approach to managing COVID -19 in school. The government has changed the rules on accessing tests for COVID-19. As a result of this, they have removed the current COVID-19 guidance for schools and replaced it with more generic guidance:
As we move into this next phase, we will continue to have a baseline of control measures in place at school and these will be:
• Monitoring how well rooms are ventilated and making responses to the need for greater ventilation.
• Enhanced handwashing for all as part of our school day and routine.
• Increased cleaning in classrooms throughout the school day.
• Working with the local outbreak team in the event of an outbreak (still described as 2 school originating cases within a special school setting).
• Sharing information about any further updates on an at least monthly basis through our school newsletter.
Updated guidance from the government states that whilst it is not recommended that children and young people are tested for COVID-19 unless directed to by a health professional, if they were to test positive, they should not come into school and try to isolate for 3 days after the day they took the test. After 3 days, if they are well enough, they can return to school.
Children and young people who are unwell and have a high temperature should stay at home and avoid contact with other people, where they can. They can go back to school and resume normal activities when they no longer have a high temperature, and they are well enough to attend. For staff, the guidance now states that they are to only be tested for COVID 19 if directed to by a health professional, if they test positive, they should not come into school and try to isolate for 5 days after they took the test.
We hope that these changes will have a positive impact on our ability to keep the classes open.
Thank you for your support.