Art & D&T
Subject Leader - Lorraine Woodhouse
Curriculum Intent Statement for Art & D&T
We aim for all pupils too:
- Enjoy participating in a wide variety of creative, visual, tactile and sensory experiences through a tailored curriculum, extracurricular activities and therapeutic endeavours.
- Recognise Art as a tool for creativity, self-expression and imagination.
- Gain an understanding of Art and D&T through painting, drawing, sculpture and other art and craft techniques across an range of time periods, cultures and styles.
- Record their observations in sketchbooks and use them to review and revisit ideas.
- Explore great artists, architects and designers in history.
- Use research and develop design criteria to inform the design of innovative, functional, appealing products that are fit for purpose, aimed at particular individuals or groups.
- Investigate and analyse a range of existing products and evaluate their ideas and products against their own design criteria.
- Understand the principles of a healthy and varied diet.
- Prepare and cook dishes using a range of cooking techniques.
- Have a clear understanding of healthy food choices and food preparation that will assist them in later life.
- Develop personal artistic preferences and become confident in their own ability to make.